Overnight Oats with Chia and Nut Butters
Serves: 1 per cup, jar or bowl
Set Time: 2 Hours or overnight
Prep Time: 1 min
Best served chilled and great for the Spring, Summer and Fall. Less than 1-2 minutes to prepare and a nice alternative texture to classic oatmeal cooked in boiling water. No cooking needed!
Loaded with Omega 3s fatty acids from the chia to promote brain, eye and heart health. Yet fulfilling and satisfying with a nut butter of your choice (Almond, peanut, or others). Nut butters are loaded with protein and heart healthy fats, minerals and more.
Foodie Body First Principles Science: How does this meal affect your chemistry by going to a first principles source food?
If you are eating this daily for breakfast for 30+ days instead of eggs, meat, bacon, or daily products, you will see the following in your lab results after 30+ days* (upload your specific labs and make a free account on CirclesX to get specific customized chemistry improvements):
- Drop of LDL and VLDL cholesterol of 5% to 20% from your current levels (drop in heart damaging cholesterols)
- Atherosclerosis reduction in aortic arch fatty lesions by ~5%
- ~2% increase in calcium mineral levels to promote bone density
- 1% to 10% increase in cognitive memory as measured by a digit span score test
- 1% to 10% increase in your omega-3 index as measured by DHA, EPA and ALA
* Results vary by person in the generic example above. Specific improvements and targets need biometric data to be uploaded into the CirclesX system for your user profile to ascertain the ability of one users chemistry specific chemistry effects from food and other substances.
- 5 Tbsp Almond Butter or peanut butter
- 5 tsp Chia Seeds (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups Rolled, Steel Cut or Old-Fashioned Oats
- 2 1/2 cups plant based milk (use any type of milk you like – almond, cashew, oat, coconut, etc.)
- 10 oz Fresh or Frozen mangos, peaches, plums, berries (any type or a mix)
- Honey (optional)
- Mint (optional)
Step 1 – Fill your container
Endless combinations in your kitchen lab, however we almost always stack our overnight oats with almond butter + chia seeds + rolled oats.
Step 2- Pour your liquid over top
Cow milk is out, so just pour almond milk over the oats and chia. Other liquids work also such as oat milk, cashew milk or other plant based milks for superior heart health and protein content.
Step 3 – Finish with Fruit and refrigerate
Add fruit on top if you’d like. Fresh fruit is great, from mango and mint to peaches and plums or strawberries and blueberries. Put the lid on the container and transfer to the fridge. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to 5 days.